Red Poppies

Red Poppies
"Yes, I tell you not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these…" Matthew 6:29

Art Quote of the Day

Friday, August 16, 2013

More Pencil Drawings

Sorry I have not updated this site recently but I have been doing some drawings but slowly as my right hand has been aching due to the warmer weather that we are experiencing in the UK and we are not used to it. Having MS does make my muscles ache too, so its a combination of both issues.



I drew this lions face copied from google images as a card for my husbands birthday.


My friend Mimi requested this drawing of angels.  So I tried to capture an angel holding her as a small child as she lost her mother when she was young. Jesus also had angels comforting him as his time drew near to go to the cross.


Framed by my bedroom wall's extremely old 1970's wallpaper this image was sent to me via an email.  I loved it so much I decided to draw if for myself.   We have so much diy to do in our house that I promise that wallpaper will go eventually!


I have Art Academy on my DSi XL and I drew these on paper after drawing them on the screen.  The left pear is drawn with my left hand and the right pear is drawn with my right hand.  With MS my hands ache but to not be able to draw with either is not an option that I want.  So I decided to draw with both hands.  I am right handed and you can see that as the right pear is naturally larger!  


Toby the labrador and Jasper a jack russel cross.  Sorry the image is a bit faint but at the time it was the best I could photograph.   Drawn as a card.  I now have a third dog too but I have not drawn him yet.



2 comments:

  1. Ok I'm very impressed with your ability and effort to become ambidextrous. You have skill. I'm jealous, gonna challenge myself to do the same. Loree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loree... I swap hands to stop my right hand from aching too much. I have saved a list of drawing example to attempt next year. Have a great Christmas. Ej xxx

    ReplyDelete