Red Poppies

Red Poppies
"Yes, I tell you not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these…" Matthew 6:29

Art Quote of the Day

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pencil Sketches


Copied from a learn to draw book



Copied from a learn to draw book.










Copied from a learn to draw book.


I did art at school but I did not learn much as the class was often in a state of disruption.


I would love to take part in an drawing class to learn the techniques, and not just do as I did and copy other peoples shading from a book.













4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think it is just a matter of practicing alot. Learning to see lines,and shapes and tones rather than pictures. Practice makes perfect. I enjoy reading drawing books from time to time, but I usually find that I naturally have discovered most of what they are teaching. Your sketching looks great. I especially like the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did these a few years ago. I must settle and do some more soon. Ej x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sketches are nice but Im going to take a gamble and bet that the nostril on the left side should be more lined up with the corner of the eye, and the corner of the left side of the mouth should be more lined up with the pupil. am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to see if I can find the book to check! But I expect you are right. :)

    ReplyDelete